Friday, May 23, 1986

Aerosmith - Done with Mirrors tour Cleveland, Oh Opening Act: Ted Nugent

Steve Tyler from Aerosmith, 1986
Aerosmith, at Richfield Coliseum, was the first concert I ever went to.  My boyfriend at the time, Alan Davis, bought the tickets to celebrate our graduations the next week.  Him from Crestwood High School, and me from Bloomfield High School. We had fourth row floor seats.


Wish I knew where this shirt was now.
Before the show started, I went to the bathroom and literally bumped into Ted Nugent.  He flirted with me, but he made me nervous because he wasn't wearing a shirt, and I didn't know who he was.  I just said excuse me and hurried by.  Boy, was I surprised to see him on stage when I returned.  Alan, my boyfriend, didn't even believe me until later when Ted pointed at me from on stage and smirked.  I just grinned and shrugged at him.  I felt pretty embarrassed at the time, but now looking back, the whole thing makes me laugh.

Once Aerosmith started playing, people swarmed towards the stage.  Even though I was so close, I had to stand on my chair to see anything.    Everyone was cheering and singing along.  The energy of the entire show was amazing!  Steve Tyler was shaking his butt and strutting all over as he played.

The only downer of the night was that the five young guys in front of us were very drunk.  Eventually one of them threw up and passed out on his chair with his arms hanging behind him.  His friends ditched him, so I kept checking his pulse to make sure he was still alive.  At the end of the show, and  I don't know why I didn't do this sooner,  I had to go get  a security guard to help him.

Ted Nugent, 1986
At the end of his act, he came out in
just a loin cloth, so I was glad he was only half
naked when I bumped into him!
Aerosmith:
Setlist 1. Back In The Saddle 2. Same Old Song And Dance 3. Bone To Bone (Coney Island White Fish Boy) 4. Big Ten Inch Record 5. My Fist Your Face 6. Last Child 7. Shame On You 8. Mother Popcorn 9. No Surprize 10. She's On Fire 11. Walkin'The Dog 12. The Hop 13. Red House 14. Lightning Strikes 15. Shela 16. Walk This Way 17. Let The Music Do The Talking 18. Sweet Emotion 19. Toys In The Attic
Not my concert, but the closest one I could find from the same tour:







No comments:

Post a Comment